Specialised Ultracapacitor cells
The specialised ultracapacitor cells contains Maxwell Technologies advanced shock and vibration technology combined with Maxwell’s patented electrode formulation and manufacturing process with a robust proprietary cell structure. This resulted in ultracapacitors for the most demanding shock and vibration requirements of the industrial and transportation industries; Durablue®.
Maxwell’s proprietary electrode process results in the formation of a durable and tough electrode with the benefit of significantly longer life compared with other energy storage technologies available. Maxwell’s innovative mechanical design behind the specialised ultracapacitor cells achieves high performance and reliability for applications in the automotive, rail and hybrid bus markets.
Exceeding Industry Standards
The test standards for the specialised ultracapacitor cells / Maxwell’s DuraBlue® are IEC 60068-2-27 for shock and ISO 16750-3.
The acceleration for IEC 60068-2-27 is 100 G, four times higher than the acceleration of SAE 2464, the test standard for competitor Ultracapacitor cells.
The RMS acceleration for ISO 16750-3, Table 12 is 5.9 Grms, three times higher than SAE J2380 with an acceleration of 1.9 Grms.
Specialised ultracapacitor cells Features
- Meets IEC 60068-2-27 for shock and ISO 16750-3
- Up to 1,000,000 duty cycles or 10-year DC life*
- Up to 18 kW/kg of specific power
- Up to 4 Wh of stored energy
- Threaded terminals or laser-weldable posts
- Exceptional shock and vibration resistance for transportation and extreme condition applications
- Proven reliability in the field
- 50 – 60% weight savings compared to lead-acid batteries
- Instant availability of high energy
- Flexibility for customized systems
*Results may vary. Additional terms and conditions, including the limited warranty, apply at the time of purchase. See the warranty details and datasheet for applicable operating and use requirements.
- Automotive peak power assist
- Hybrid vehicles
- Hybrid and plug-in hybrid bus
- Wind turbine pitch control
- On-board and wayside rail
- Heavy industrial equipment
- UPS and telecom systems
- Heavy duty truck engine start
|Rated Voltage||Rated Capacitance||Typical DC ESR||Terminal||Model Number||Datasheet|
|2.7 VDC||3000 F||0.29 mΩ||Threaded/Jove||BCAP3000 P270 K04/K05||Download|
|2.7 VDC||3400 F||0.22 mΩ||Threaded/Jove||BCAP3400 P270 K04/K05||Download|
|2.85 VDC||3400 F||0.22 mΩ||Threaded/Jove||BCAP3400 P285 K04/K05||Download|
|3.0 VDC||3400 F||0.15 mΩ||Threaded/Jove||BCAP 3400 P300 K04/05||Download|