SiC Series CTPU
With the HVR Current Transformer Protection Unit (CTPU) you can protect your CT against operational risks.
A major operational risk that can occur with a current transformer (CT) is when the secondary circuit has an open circuit condition whereas the primary circuit is still energized. This could happen during a routine maintenance of the burden or because of damages on leads or contacts. High voltage transients could damage the CT winding which may lead to further destructions.
With the HVR Current Transformer Protection Unit (CTPU) you can protect your CT against these operational risks.
- High performance
- Extended temperature range up to 200°C
- Higher energy rating than comparable SiC ceramics
- Higher continuous power rating
- Modular system
- Large variations of different mounting arrangements
- Highest flexibility
- Dimensions and electrical values can be modified to customer requirements
- Design service
- Design service including technical drawing to international standards
- Current transformer protection for the following applications
- Protection circuit
- Metering circuit
- Personal safety (protection to a level below 1000Vpek
HVR CTPU selection tables Series 8xx.
HVR CTPU selection tables Series 15xx