Infrared gas sensors
Designed for long-term continuous sensing of CO2 and numerous hydrocarbon gases including vapours in fixed systems, SGX IR sensors are suited for portable instrumentation where shorter term usage is more usual. The metal mesh gas entrance aperture is also flame arresting and the whole body structure is explosion proof to ATEX, CSA and UL standards. The series-4 size provides compatibility with other electrochemical and catalytic sensors in multi-gas instrumentation. Our twin gas sensors have two active gas channels for simultaneous detection of carbon dioxide and methane (or other hydrocarbons).
Now available is the INIR which is our Infra Red gas sensor with integrated electronics which makes flammable gas and carbon dioxide sensing easy.
It is designed to operate in the harshest of environments and produces accurate, fast readings with the minimum of circuity design. The new INIR integrated infra-red sensor incorporates a high performance optical cavity coupled with leading edge electronics. All necessary driver circuitry and firmware is included to produce a linearised, temperature compensated digital output.
Features of infrared hydrocarbon gas sensors
- Diffused gas sampling via mesh
- Low power
- Series 4 size to complement miniature catalytic and electrochemical gas sensors
- Reference channel for self-compensation
- Special gold plated optical/gas cavity for stable signal levels
- Operational in varying ambient temperatures, pressures and humidities
- Fast response
- Rugged stainless steel construction
- No moving parts
- Resistance to corrosion
- Immunity from ‘poisoning’
- Reliable fail-safe operation
- Low maintenance
- Suitable for fixed or portable instrumentation
- Series expandable to other gases or vapours
|IR11GM_1||Carbon dioxide sensor ideal for portable gas detectors||Download|
|IR12GM_1||Methane/hydrocarbon sensor for partable gas detectors||Download|
|IR11BR||High percentage volume carbon dioxide sensor||Download|
|IR-EK2||Miniature NDIR gas sensor evaluation kit||Download|