Infrared gas sensors
As official distributor of SGX Sensortech AEP Components can offer you a range of infrared gas sensors (IR) for a variety of gases and vapours in different applications. The IR gas sensors are compact and robust gas diffusion type sensors with the patented official SGX Sensortech optical design. The IR gas sensors run on low power and use well proven non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) detection methods. All of the IR gas sensors require connection to suitable transmitter systems for their power supply, operation and signal processing.
They are designed for long-term continuous sensing of Co2 and numerous hydrocarbon gases including vapours in fixed systems. The metal mesh gas entrance aperture is also flame arresting and the whole body structure is explosion proof to ATEX, CSA and UL standards.
Features of infrared gas sensors
- Low power
- Diffused gas sampling via mesh
- Reference channel for self-compensation
- Designed for long-term continuous sensing
- Special gold plated optical/gas cavity for stable signal levels
- Operational in varying ambient temperatures, pressures and humidities
- Fast response
- Rugged stainless steel construction
- No moving parts
- Resistance to corrosion
- Variety of gases and vapours in different applications
- Patented SGX Sensortech optical design
- Immunity from poisoning
- Reliable fail-safe operation
- Low maintenance
- Suitable for fixed or portable instrumentation
- Expendable to other gases and vapours
AEP offers a full range of IR gas sensors in the standard 4 sizes or as larger heads.
They are divided into different categories, according to the number of detection channels and whether they have certified or non-certified body constructions.
The series -4 size provides compatibility with other electrochemical gas sensors and catalytic sensors in multi-gas instrumentation. Our twin gas sensors have two active gas channels for simultaneous detection of carbon dioxide and methane (or other hydrocarbons).