28 VDC, 270 Farad ultracapacitor module.
We often hear about fleet owners experiencing battery ”problems”, even in the summer when it isn’t cold. The high electrical load on modern trucks and especially coaches will drain the battery’s, causing the voltage to drop so low that the critical systems won’t work anymore. Our unit will crank the engine at all times and can also wake the vehicle (in dead battery situation) by powering the critical systems (such as Multiplex, MCU, etc.) from the ultracapacitor module as well.
In case of a parallel connection an optional 15 seconds time delay (T15) can be integrated. The delay could be needed to support the board net after a start. Usually when the driver pushes the start button, the Powerstart will be connected in parallel for the time that the button is pushed. Once the driver releases the start button the Powerstart is also immediately disconnected from the board net. With the 15 seconds time delay, the Powerstart will keep itself connected to the boardnet after the initial push of the start button. With this addition the ‘Start’ signal – which is usually used as an input – will now become an output by giving a high signal during the 15 seconds.
- Nominal voltage: 28V
- Capacity: 270F
- Wide temperature performance -40 °C to +60 °C
- High efficiency – up to 99%; improves starting performance
- Low internal resistance, high peak current up to 2000A
- Long life cycle – > 1.000.000
- Integrated DC-DC converter
- Integrated trickle converter
- Integrated individual cell balancing
- Compact, rugged, fully enclosed IP65 design
- Extension battery life, downsizing main battery
- Long operation lifetime – 10 to 15 years
- Life extension for other sources – e.g. batteries and alternator
- Maintenance free
- 459 (l) x 259 (w) x 182 (h) mm – 18 (l) x 10 (w) x 7 (h) inch
- 11 kg – 24 lbs.